SEW much L.O.V.E. SEW much Sustainable
SEW stands for Sorbet Empowering Wo+Men… and SEW much more.
SEW is an initiative that creates socio-economic upliftment by providing skills training and education for women and men thereby allowing them to enter the beauty and grooming industry.
SEW stands for sustainability as we provide people with lasting professions.
SEW stands for uplifting lives.
SEW stands for creating measurable change; for possibility, potential and purpose.
Stemming from the Sorbet Group’s philosophy of uplifting citizens, we are inspired to touch lives.
The Gap we Fill
SEW fills the gap by training more individuals in order to fill the demand in the industry, whilst at the same time making a difference to people’s lives.
Opportunities exist for qualified professionals in the South African beauty and grooming industries.
How we Build Beautiful Lives
SEW enrolls unemployed women and men into world class training affiliated to the Sorbet Group to gain the education needed to become a successful barber, hairstylist or beauty therapist.
Through our recruitment partnership with Harambee, who are a non- profit Youth Employment Accelerator Organisation (www.harambee.co.za), we established a pathway for applicants to access a work opportunity.
We further support the process of sourcing well-suited candidates. Their competence, compassion and soft skills are prerequites, in ensuring high caliber professional graduates, enabling them to secure sustainable employement.
The Joy we’ve created in our Journey
- 90% of our SEW graduates between 2014 and 2019 have successfully found employment as professionals in the beauty and grooming industry after graduating.
- SEW has positively affected 190 lives through our training program
- Sorbet is a MySchool Card Beneficiary – we encourage you to choose SEW as your beneficiary of choice.
Change a Life. Fund a Future.
Your support will improve a life by funding the practical and soft skills training of a woman or man in South Africa.
Your support will lead to the growth and happiness of an individual and the start of their chosen careers in our country – being part of uplifting South Africa’s economy and local communities depends on their success, it all starts with passion and a formal skill set for a person to thrive.
SEW Training Opportunities 2020
If you are interested in applying to SEW’s sponsored training programs, that take place twice a year, read the information below and we will get back to you on what courses are available, when and How to Apply.
Please note our applicant criteria:
Applicants must be
- Over the age of 18 and currently unemployed
- SA ID / Valid Passport with valid Work Permit
- An updated CV with contactable references (and where possible to include a cover letter of why you want to become a qualified Barber/Hair Stylist/Mani & Pedi Therapist)
- Certified certificates of any higher education included with your CV
- Have a true passion for the course you wish to apply for
- Previous experience is advantageous but not essential (if have any experience please outline the skill set you have).